National Visas Make Workers Travel Easier to Australia

Coming to Australia for a vacation is a dream for a lot of people. With the sceneries and landscapes that you can see in the country, it is no wonder that many people want to come to Australia on an Australian holiday visa. However, at times it would be great to be able to stay longer in Australia and to engage in employment.

If you want to experience this and be rewarded for your efforts and you also happen to have the needed skills to bridge the shortage of skills in the country, then come to Australia by applying for an Australian holiday visa. This visa allows the holder to enter Australia for tourist purposes for specified lengths of time.

If you wish to engage in work, the Working Holiday Visa enables eligible individuals to stay in Australia for up to 12 months while engaging in work. If you are aged 18 to 30 years old, you may be eligible for the visa.

There are two classes of this visa—one is the Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) and the other is the Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462). The 417 can be extendable for two years while the 462 cannot be extended.

To qualify for either the 417 or 462 visa, you have to be a passport holder from countries that include: United Kingdom (UK), USA, Belgium, Argentina, Bangladesh, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, and Turkey.

Both the 417 and 462 have differing requirements, so please check before you apply. In particular, the 462 requires that you have sufficient funds to support your travel which is normally around AU$5,000 and be able to purchase a return fare. The 462 also requires that you have graduated from high school. Remember also that there are certain additional requirements if your passport is from Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Turkey.

Aside from that, you are also not allowed to work for the same employer for more than 6 months and that you cannot engage in any studies or training that will exceed 4 months.o 450 Words

Be Sociable, Share!